KEEPING THE PASSOVER
It is elementary to repeat the story of Moses, Pharaoh, Egypt, the children of Israel, and the Passover, which you already know. What we want to do here is to relate these things to our times today and see how we are in the same dark night although there is natural daylight around us every day. Focus your mind, then, on the spirit world by putting on 3-D spiritual eyeglasses. "Which things also we speak, not in words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man receiveth not the thing of the spirit of God: for they are foolishness to him: neither can he know them for they are spiritually discerned", 1 Corinthians 2:13-14.
Using the scriptural lenses we will give you a 3-D (three dimension) view or spiritual dimension to our times and see how we today are in a "Passover" setting. We want to identify: (a) Spiritual Egypt, (b) Pharaoh of the spirit realm, (c) Moses and Aaron of the spirit, (d) the Egyptians in the spirit sense, (e) the "captives".
(1) This whole world is "Egypt" of the spirit realm. Key to this concept is Revelation 11:8. Speaking of God's two witnesses, it says, "And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of that great city which is spiritually called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified". We know that Jesus was not crucified in either of those two places in natural terms, but this whole world has been called Sodom in spiritual terms because of the behavior of the people in it, Luke 17:28-30. Sodomy and sexual perversion is all over the world today. Therefore this earth is identified as the domain of the "prince and power of darkness", Satan, the "king of Egypt".
(2) Spiritually Satan is called Pharaoh, not only because he rules and subjugates men as a slavemaster, but because he was the power God used to harden Pharaoh's heart. In the Revelation the world of men is warned of Satan's fall, that he would terrorize them, Revelation 12:9,12. Here Satan is called "the old serpent called the devil and Satan". In Ezekiel 29:2-3, Satan is identified as the King of Egypt by his alias, "the great Dragon". So the combination of these two scriptures show Satan to be Serpent, Dragon, and Pharaoh of the spirit world.
(3) Moses and Aaron were sent to deliver the children of Israel from Egypt. They were role-playing in prophecy for the real work of Jesus and the Holy Ghost. These two have been called prophetically "thy rod and thy staff", God's two "Comforters", Psalm 23:3. Jesus is identified as "thy rod", the son of Jesse through the line of David, Isaiah 11:1. This makes the Holy Ghost "thy staff", the other Comforter, John 14:16-18. Jesus read his commission from the book of Isaiah, and his work is to free the captives held by Satan, Luke 4:17-21. Therefore the whole work of Moses and Aaron to free Israel imitated the work of Jesus and the Holy Ghost to free ALL THE GENERATIONS OF HUMANKIND!
(4) Spiritual "Egyptians" are not flesh and blood people, Ephesians 6:12. Under their leader Satan, all the Egyptians are devils, evil spirits who are quite capable of enslaving men, Matthew 12:43-45; John 8:33-36. It is not necessary to be enslaved to a man of flesh and blood to be an "Egyptian slave". Whoever is committing sin is a slave to evil spirits, the "Egyptians" of the spirit world.
(5) Egyptian captives are ALL MANKIND, Jews, "gentiles", and even animals! A "woe" was announced to mankind because of the wrath and treachery of Satan and his troops. "Forasmuch as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is the devil. And deliver them who through fear of death were ALL THEIR LIFETIME SUBJECT TO BONDAGE, Hebrews 2:14-15. Therefore every man is a victim and a captive of invisible Egyptians, Revelation 13:4-7. And this subjection is "all their lifetime"!
We have now established the following: (1) Egypt is the world, (2) Satan is Pharaoh, (3) Jesus and the Holy Ghost are the "deliverers", (4) Egyptians are evil spirits, (5) all the captives are mankind along with animals. Now we want to see how this setting reveals that the "Passover" night is upon us.
Realizing that the kingdom of devils are the principalities and powers of darkness, "Egypt" (our world) is in Great darkness. Darkness is not only "demons" but pervasive ignorance of the truth and errors among men, Isaiah 60:1-2. It is the powers of darkness who hold men's minds in lies and errors, Habakkuk 1:4; Ephesians 6:12. Men cannot free their own minds. Just like Moses in his time, Jesus is a great light who comes to us, Isaiah 9:2; John 14:21-23. He is also many things ---"all things"--- for the salvation and regeneration (remolding) of the world of humanity. The world of Egyptian-devils has suffered many plagues from God. Still they refuse to let mankind go. Before them Jesus has turned the water into wine, the blood of grapes. And that blood is so potent that Egyptian-devils refuse to drink it! Check out these "grapes": (1) John 15:1-2, (2) Isaiah 27:8-9, (3) John 1:29, (4) 2 Corinthians 5:18-19. Devils refuse to speak it. The water Jesus used is WORDS revealing YOUR FORGIVENESS, JUSTIFICATION, AND SALVATION WITHOUT YOUR HAVING TO DO A THING TO RECEIVE IT! Lepers were also made whole when the hand of God touched Jesus' heart causing Christ in turn to lift up his hand and heal them. Shepherds (RODS) were cast down and became instruments of Satan (the Pharisees). One such infamous "rod" was Judas Iscariot who was not the real "son of perdition", because Satan, the real son of perdition entered into him after the sop. Judas repented and was accepted by the Father, Matthew 5:43-45,48. Also touched by the hand of Jesus, many of those same rods previously under Satan's power became "good" shepherds. Peter (who denied Jesus 3 times), and Paul who imprisoned believers as Saul of Tarsus, are two such examples. So every sign given to Moses to "show unto Pharaoh" in his time Jesus showed the devil in his day. Still the powers of darkness refuse to "let God's offsprings go".
Smiting the "firstborn" of Satan's household occurred in heaven when he and his angels (offsprings) were cast out. Michael and his angels did the job of "kicking out" all of them down to "hell" (conditions only they experience here) to await execution of their sentence and their final end. But there were more children born down here to Satan and Babylon meaning they made their own "images" (to the "Beast") or reproduced "offsprings"! But none will be spared because their natures are identical to Satan's nature, Isaiah 14:12,21-22; Revelation 17:5-6, 18:2. All these have reproduced many more "images to the beast" while in prison, Revelation 13:14-15. This completes our Passover scene. All we need to do now is to visit with God's informed children and see what they are doing.
Michael and his angels are the death angels because they executed part of the sentence against Satan and his household when they were residents in heaven. But Michael "stands up" for the children of men because the Father redeemed them, Daniel 1, 12. Jesus is the Lamb of God already sacrificed, Revelation 5:5-6. He is said to be our "passover", 1 Corinthians 5:7-8. His blood must be smeared on our doorpost and door. His flesh must be eaten. His bread must be eaten without "leaven"...anything that puffs up with pride and indignation against others while destroying humility before God. How can we worship God in spirit as the true worshippers of God must do? John 4:23-24. The natural and carnal application of the "Passover" is only a "schoolmaster" step to prepare our minds to receive the spiritual "real thing", Galatians 2:23,24; Colossians 2:14. We readily accept the fact that we must "take in" the WORDS of Jesus and make them part of our reborn nature in order to eat the real Lamb and bread of humility where (1) Jesus' WORDS are his flesh, John 6:53,63; (2) Jesus' WORDS are his bread of humility not puffed up by pride and ego, John 6:50-51,63. And (3) Jesus' blood is his WORDS inasmuch as he is all Word of God, John 1:1,14. Therefore "words" must be smeared on our doorposts and doors. Spiritually each man is a temple or "house of God" even though demons have claimed our bodies as "THEIR" HOUSES! Matthew 12:43-45; 2 Corinthians 6:16. Every house has a door with posts and so does the "human-house". Our lips are the doors of our houses, Psalm 141:3. And the blood WORD of that wine caliber must go in and out of it and be observed by Michael and Gabriel and their angels, if we are to be spared from suffering to some extent with demons as a result of the wrath of God. (Praise God for the covering power of the blood of Christ the "DOOR"!) John 10:7,9,11.
Jesus "our passover" showed us the way we go to get to the "Promise Land" of Heaven. He was observed passing over from earth to heaven, the real land of promise, Acts 1:9-11. He was called up by the Father, Psalm 110:1. But the passover power or the rising did not begin with Jesus. Jesus was sent at an appropriate time in history to show men and devils that a "resurrection-passover" does indeed occur any and every time a man dies, Luke 20:37-38. Abel was the first to "passover", Hebrews 12:22-26. Jesus became a sign to men, a "sign spoken against", that this "mystery" of what really happens at death does indeed occur for men. In the scriptures Enoch is acknowledged as having passed from earth to heaven, Genesis 5:24. Elijah was whisked off from earth to heaven "in a chariot of fire", 2 Kings 2:11. Death does not prevent a "passover" as Moses is your example. At the transfiguration he appeared with Elijah and conversed with Jesus, Matthew 17:1-5. John saw many under the altar in heaven who had previously died. They were "alive" and protesting to God! Revelation 6"9-11. So the death of the "clay envelope" poses no problem for YOU, the spirit! John also saw 24 elders already redeemed from among men and from the grave who were made priests in heaven and they were praising the Father for doing this! Hosea 13:14; Revelation 5:8-10. The point we are making is that a "cross" ("door") has been given to every man meaning they must passover via the grave as Jesus did! "The way we know" as Jesus put it. So "death" is actually a vehicle to "HOMECOMING". At death the possessing devils who claimed our bodies as THEIR HOUSES, these "rich men", the kings of darkness, are cast off God's human JEW-EL'S, Isaiah 13:12; Malachi 3:17; Matthew 12:43-45; Luke 16:22-23, 17:34-37. The Father "draws men up" and glorifies them as angels, Ecclesiastes 12:7; Luke 20:36. It is enough for us to eat Jesus' flesh, drink his blood, and consume his body as our bread while we await our turn to pass through our own Red Sea (blood stream) and make our exodus (exit dust or leave the body), 2 Corinthians 5:1-8. Every man shall keep this passover whether he likes it or not. Consider Psalm 22:27-31: "All the ends of the world shall remember and turn to the Lord: and all the kindreds of nations shall worship before thee. For the kingdom is the Lord's: and he is governor among the nations. All they that be fat upon the earth shall eat and worship: all they that go down to the dust shall bow before him: and none can keep alive his own soul. A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation. They shall come and declare his name to a people that shall be born that HE HATH DONE THIS".
[Return] [Bible Source]